• คุณไม่สามารถตั้งกระทู้ใหม่ได้
  • กรุณาลงชื่อเข้าใช้เพื่อตอบกระทู้
มี 24 โพสต์ตอบกลับกระทู้นี้

#1 usr25160

usr25160
  • Members
  • 49 โพสต์

โพสต์เมื่อ 21 August 2008 - 05:41 AM

Buddha's 5 Fundamental Teachings phohibit killing, adultery, gambling, lying, and drunkenness. However, a vast majority of our politicians behaves very contrary to Buddha's Teaching, resulting in widespread corruptions at all levels of our govt, in turn, causes widespread poverty and misery, driving many people to turn their backs to Buddha's Teaching themselves. Thailand is known today as a capital of prositution in the world, as our hottest exports are prostitutes, according to the FBI. Senseless killings occure daily, especially, at eating places serving alcoholic beverage. Too many Thais are addicted to gambling, especially, the lottery and soccer games. It has becomes a norm for successful people to have more than one wife, as signpost of creditability and success. Many young girls in university, or even high school levels become prostitutes by choice, to help pay for their highly materialistic lifestyle. Thai people seem to lose their faith altogether in politics, the rules of law, and especially, Buddhism. How can this be happening in a Buddhist country like Thailand? Is Buddhism compatible with modern living?

#2 รักวัด

รักวัด
  • Members
  • 58 โพสต์

โพสต์เมื่อ 21 August 2008 - 07:26 AM

It is true that Thailand is known as the country of prostitution, gambling, and all kinds of social vices which is so contrast to the Buddhism as it should be the true identity of the country itself. The problems occur at all levels of society, that is because the majority of Thais are Buddhist, but only the small number of Thais practice the teaching of the Lord Buddha. However, if you look closely, our Dhammakaya community is striving to set as an example and acting as a good friend to the rest of Thais in the sense that the teaching of the Lord Buddha can be compatible with the modern society of Thailand. Moreover, the Dhammakaya temple recently launched the World Ethics Recuperation Program or so-called, "Virtuous Star Challenge" in order to persuade the young generation to practice the teaching of the Lord Buddha. Since it was first launched, there was a hugh number of Thai students joining the program at approximately 200,000 students across the country. It is believed that if Thai schools are encouraging their students to participate in this program, there will be a steady growing number of students joining the program next year. Hence, the future of the country will fall in these hands of these young generation who will strive to develop the country in accordance with the practice of Buddhism in the long run. Also, it should be our task to help with the activities of the Dhammakaya Foundation, as well as acting as good friends to your friends who are lured to those social vices by persuading them to learn about Buddhist teaching, either via DMC channel, or by participating in various programs of the meditation retreat of the temple. I believe that Thai people are still searching for the true happiness, but what they are doing right now is not the right way. If there is someone who can help them know what is the right way, and if they get to taste the true happiness by practicing meditation, they will turn their back to those social vices and become good Buddhists eventually.

#3 usr25160

usr25160
  • Members
  • 49 โพสต์

โพสต์เมื่อ 21 August 2008 - 08:15 AM

Khun Rug Wat #2, greeting, and thank you for giving me some hope for our beloved country. It seems that we did a pretty good job of teaching our children in our homes, students in our classes, and worshipers in our temples, Buddha's Timeless Teachings, however, when they were left on their own to face many challenges of modern living, they reluctantly or volutarily abandoned Buddhism, in favor of physically more attractive comfort, offered by the material world, such as, nice cars, houses, clothings, and other accessories. It seems like there were two totally different worlds, a spiritual world, and a physical one. The people are being forced to choose one over the other, between being spiritually rich, but materialistically poor or vice versa. Regrettably, many choose the latter. It still puzzles me how our country arrives at the current hopeless political situation, which seems to be going from bad to worse. Our politics is far from being a reflection of our traditional Buddhist values and principles. Can you give me your analysis of Thaksin Shinnawattra? Our country seems to be splitting in half, and I was told that the same fracture ran through many families. I have been living in the US for so long, that I seem to lose touch on what is really happening beyond news headlines. Will you call Thaksin, a Buddhist? I saw him on the news of his recent tour of many Buddhist temples. Finally, may you and those in your family be filled with peace, joy, and longevity. Thank you very much.

#4 รักวัด

รักวัด
  • Members
  • 58 โพสต์

โพสต์เมื่อ 21 August 2008 - 09:34 AM

From my perspective, I believe Thaksin is a good Buddhist and a good Prime Minister. Living in Thailand for my whole life, I have seen many performances of our past Prime Ministers, frankly speaking, none of them could be compared to Thaksin's jobs. Regardless of the media which tried to attack his political status, I believe he is the best Prime Minister ever. During his time of being the Prime Minister, one of his policies was focused on the poverty, the children and the education. These aforementioned are the core areas to develop the country in the long run. Sometimes his policies were filled with creativity that someone couldn't understand. Instead of supporting his wholehearted devotion to the country, sadly these people tried to get rid of him. I know ( hope you know too) that Thai media, including US. media are not the good source of reporting the truth, the media is filled with exaggeration, and sometimes they report in favor of someone's interests, rather than the public interest. Obviously, wise people did not believe everything the media has reported about Thaksin. I personally believe Thaksin is a good Buddhist and a good person. I also believe not only me who favors Thaksin, many wise Thai people too, esp. the temple-goers. Anyway, Politics is not something to discuss in the Dhamma website, and I, myself, don't like Politics. However, I rather spend my time learning Dhamma and practice meditation and I hope you do too. The more we learn Dhamma and practice meditation, the more we gain wisdom in order to know how to revive Thai society into a peaceful one again. Please don't believe in the media too much, they just tried to project our beloved country into the bad ways in order to catch public interest. There are still some parts of Thailand that try to revive the Buddhist activities as I have seen many Buddhist activities going on nowadays ( if you watch DMC news). Believe me, Thailand is not that desperately in a bad shape yet.

#5 สัมมาอะระหัง

สัมมาอะระหัง
  • Members
  • 235 โพสต์
  • Interests:computer,dhamma

โพสต์เมื่อ 21 August 2008 - 09:45 AM

I think we should not discuss politics issue on this white board, especially when you mention someone personally like prior Prime Minister. In stead, we should discuss HOW TO solve social problems with Dhamma.
ศีล..เป็นเบื้องต้น เป็นที่ตั้ง เป็นบ่อเกิดแห่งคุณความดีทั้งหลาย และเป็นประธานแห่งธรรมทั้งปวง บุคคลใดชำระศีลให้บริสุทธิ์แล้ว จะเป็นเหตุให้เว้นจากความทุจริต จิตจะร่าเริงแจ่มใส และเป็นท่า หยั่งลงมหาสมุทร คือ นิพพาน

#6 usr20663

usr20663
  • Members
  • 65 โพสต์

โพสต์เมื่อ 21 August 2008 - 10:57 AM

Dear usr25160,

I would like you to learn and practise in Buddha's teachings more and more, then you will understand all you wondered.

#7 homer324

homer324
  • Members
  • 522 โพสต์

โพสต์เมื่อ 21 August 2008 - 10:58 AM

Your qoate..

Buddha's 5 Fundamental Teachings phohibit killing, adultery, gambling, lying, and drunkenness. However, a vast majority of our politicians behaves very contrary to Buddha's Teaching, resulting in widespread corruptions at all levels of our govt, in turn, causes widespread poverty and misery, driving many people to turn their backs to Buddha's Teaching themselves. Thailand is known today as a capital of prositution in the world, as our hottest exports are prostitutes, according to the FBI. Senseless killings occure daily, especially, at eating places serving alcoholic beverage. Too many Thais are addicted to gambling, especially, the lottery and soccer games. It has becomes a norm for successful people to have more than one wife, as signpost of creditability and success. Many young girls in university, or even high school levels become prostitutes by choice, to help pay for their highly materialistic lifestyle. Thai people seem to lose their faith altogether in politics, the rules of law, and especially, Buddhism. How can this be happening in a Buddhist country like Thailand? Is Buddhism compatible with modern living?

My personal point of veiw..

Loung Por Thatta Chewo, Vice President of Wat Pra Thammakaya, Thailand, once clearly said that..
"..Buddha's Principal is absolutely benefit for those whom eagerly attempt to practice themselves for good. In turn, these Buddha's Regulation would not be helpful at all if being applied to those whom never respect themselves for good aspects, but for bad aspects instead such as, get drunk, lying, many wives, stealing and killing.."

"..Therefore, by attempting hard to persuade bad person to concern results of doing bad as accordingly the Buddha's Principal (Law of Kamma)..you may try pretty difficultly to do so..
as long as that person won't practice by himself, won't experience by himself and moreover he or she won't try maditate even once in his life !!!!!!!.."

if these Loung Por's qoates do not make any sense to you..

you would better try maditate yourself..

because.."the god is inside yours.." or "..the worth treasure is inside yours when you do meditate.."

emphasising one more..maditation is the master key..there're no more requesting..

ไฟล์แนบ

#8 thairaktop

thairaktop
  • Members
  • 17 โพสต์

โพสต์เมื่อ 21 August 2008 - 12:11 PM

Criticising without solution is a problem in itself. I believe that what we need for Thai society is a practical solution for everyone. There is no right or wrong about your opinion, but once you try to make it happen, you will know by yourself if it can be accomplished.

#9 usr25160

usr25160
  • Members
  • 49 โพสต์

โพสต์เมื่อ 21 August 2008 - 01:15 PM

Khun homer 324, I only know basic meditation technique, using breathing rhythm, which I learnt from a Buddhist monk in India many years ago. It came in pretty handy during midterm and final examinations, as a quick way to rest my busy mind between heavy studying sessions. Loung Phee who taught me the basic maditation warned me not to go beyond the basic without close supervision from an expert, so I've never gone beyond that.

However, world's events like China's invasion of a peaceful Buddhist nation of Tibet, really force me to take a closer look at Buddhism, especially, in light of the current political situation in our own country. Adding worsening social problems as mentioned earlier, cause me to seriously doubt the compatibility of Buddism with modern living. If we actually achieve such a high state of Buddhist spirituality as Tibet once was, before being invaded by China, we will be vulnerable to invasion from outside, just like Tibet was, as Buddha prohibited killing of any kinds. It was painful for me to watch a recent television interview of Dalai Lama of Tibet, especially his hope to be able to return to his own country someday. It seems like our country are being pulled apart from the inside, and at the same time, pressed from outside as exhibited by the current Pra Vi-Harn incident. I hope Khun Rug Wat #4 is right in his brilliant analysis that Thailand is not "deperately in bad shape yet."

#10 สัมมาอะระหัง

สัมมาอะระหัง
  • Members
  • 235 โพสต์

โพสต์เมื่อ 21 August 2008 - 02:00 PM

This is Dhamma White Webboard, not political webboard. So I have to separate usr25160's opinion into 2 categories : politics directly involved, and not directly involved. However I think it's more suitable to mention only the issue directly involved with religion.

At first I have to remind you the meaning of Islam. It means peace, purity ,etc. What's about the invasion of Iraq into Kuwait many years ago??

Then, focus to the essential teachings of Jesus Christ. "Love all people as yourself." What's about recently Russian troop invaded into Georgia??

I have to summarize that the incident like this is really state benefit of foreign policy in each nation. Not really caused by Religion. Do you understand?? If yes, I hope that for the question about "the compatibility of Buddism with modern living" in your opinion can be easily solved.

For any other issues involving politics is left for other webboards to discuss. Not here!!
ศีล..เป็นเบื้องต้น เป็นที่ตั้ง เป็นบ่อเกิดแห่งคุณความดีทั้งหลาย และเป็นประธานแห่งธรรมทั้งปวง บุคคลใดชำระศีลให้บริสุทธิ์แล้ว จะเป็นเหตุให้เว้นจากความทุจริต จิตจะร่าเริงแจ่มใส และเป็นท่า หยั่งลงมหาสมุทร คือ นิพพาน

#11 usr25160

usr25160
  • Members
  • 49 โพสต์

โพสต์เมื่อ 21 August 2008 - 02:30 PM

Khun Sum Mar Ara Hung #10, sorry if I, unknowingly and unintentionally, put you in somekind of distress. Islam means litterally "submission." Prophet Mohammad was a worrier and that's why Islam tends to be on a warring side. Jesus of Nazareth, like Buddha, was a teacher/Philosopher, and Christianity seems to be peaceful in most part, like Buddhism. However, the Russians, especially those who crossed into Georgia with their guns blazing, are not Christians for sure. I boubt that Cambodians who're walking around with AKs & RPGs at Pra Vi-Harn are Buddhists for the same reason.

I don't know how we can ignore what's going on around us without taking into context the religious aspect of it, expecially, the our own current political situation. I wish Buddha was still around to guide us through the current difficulty. My curious mind seems to be wandering around lately, however, I hope to find truthful answers of those earthly questions. May pece, joy, and longevity be yours.

#12 homer324

homer324
  • Members
  • 522 โพสต์

โพสต์เมื่อ 21 August 2008 - 04:50 PM

your feelings..(as same as others concern..)

in light of the current political situation in our own country. Adding worsening social problems as mentioned earlier, cause me to seriously doubt the compatibility of Buddism with modern living

and..

It was painful for me to watch a recent television interview of Dalai Lama of Tibet, especially his hope to be able to return to his own country someday

and..

I don't know how we can ignore what's going on around us without taking into context the religious aspect of it

and..

My curious mind seems to be wandering around lately, however, I hope to find truthful answers of those earthly questions

and right here is the brilliant words from Loung Por Sod Wat Pak Nam you might see how it work out (if you perhap tune up your feeling into it...)
"..Start with STOP is priority to get the work successfully.." or หยุด เป็นตัวสำเร็จ นั่นเอง..
in my sight, I see that if you still far from solutions or think about troubles all the time, surely, you won't find the way out, will you?..

then, if you start to do so by STOP every actions whether you thinking of, wandering of..or even you concentrating of..STOP all of them..STOP thinking..STOP worring..STOP questioning..

Just a couples of minutes you do STOP, you probably find yourself free from those worries..

..and some purify and clearify solutions will happen to you..soon..

and this is your hope..

I hope to find truthful answers of those earthly questions. May pece, joy, and longevity be yours.

your will won't be just as a dream anymore, it will become true for sure. What you need is the truth to yourself, the truth to your friends and the truth to STOP priority of everything.

ไฟล์แนบ

#13 เด็กอนุบาลหน้าใสใจดี

เด็กอนุบาลหน้าใสใจดี
  • Members
  • 938 โพสต์

โพสต์เมื่อ 21 August 2008 - 04:55 PM

อ๊ากกกสสส์.. ตาลายยย.... rolleyes.gif
ท่านข้างบนพิมพ์กันไฟแล่บเลย.. ข้อยพออ่านได้แต่เยอะๆอ่านบ่ไหวเด้อ..
ชีวิตคือการเข้ากลาง..
ที่สุดแห่งธรรมนั้นเป็นเป้าหมาย..
โลกจะสุขสันต์เมื่อท่านเข้าถึงธรรมกาย..
สว่างไสวทั่วทุกธาตุธรรม..

#14 รักวัด

รักวัด
  • Members
  • 58 โพสต์

โพสต์เมื่อ 21 August 2008 - 05:23 PM

I agree with Khun Homer324, and I do encourage Khun Usr25160 to do so by stopping your mind at the center of the body. I am currently in the graduate school, and I have been into many seminars and forums that discussed about the social problems, global warming, environmental problems, wars and vice versa. However, none of them have come into an unanimous conclusion of how to solve those world problems, that because those scholars do not know a very root cause of the problems. On the other hand, they tend to neglect a very simple thing that is to enhance the quality of mind first, since all kinds of problems are the products of the clouded mind which is filled with defilement namely: greed, anger, and delusion. If every human being can eliminate the defilement in their mind, they will start improving themselves and try to help the others. Finally the world will come into a peaceful place. In a nutshell, Buddhism provides a very simple way...only stopping your wandering mind at the center of the body, thereby resulting to the best quality of mind which will create the infinity of love and compassion toward the humankind. Eventually the true wisdom will emerge, you will know what exactly the right way to cease all those world problems. Therefore, meditation seems to be the best and simplest method to create the world peace. I don't know which part of the US you live now, but the link below provides the information and contact of the meditation centers in which you can go there and practice meditation. You can also ask your questions pertaining to Buddhism to the monks if you wish to do so.
http://www.dhammakay...emain.php#U.S.A.

I hope you can find the true inner-peace and truly understand the essence of Buddhism. I believe you have the great potentials to help promote the teaching of the Lord Buddha, if only you have found peace within you first, you will know how to promote peace between the others and between the nations eventually.

#15 usr25160

usr25160
  • Members
  • 49 โพสต์

โพสต์เมื่อ 21 August 2008 - 05:26 PM

Khun innerspot #12, thank you very much for your comprehensive answer to my questions. It would be nice if your vision of what our country should be like becomes a reality, one of these days. To me, Buddha's Teachings are timeless, but as you said, hard to understand and apply in daily life, for most people. I thought Buddha's life was well taught in great details in our schools and temples, just like when I was growing up. Once a while, I ran into Dr. Deepak Choopra, a renowned Indian Philosopher who wrote extensively about Buddha's life, from an Indian point of view. People call him a guru, for his vast spiritual knowledge. His golf tips was right on for me. Our political, economic, and social problems seem be going from bad to worse, and I can only assume that too many people turn their back to Buddha's Teachings. I am sure that you heard about two of the richest men in the world, Bill Gates and Warren Buffett gave away nearly all of their enormous fortunes to charities. There are many similar generous donations by wealthy Americans all the time without being known publicly. Will we see similar act of generosity and kindness from wealthy people in Thailand of the same magnitude? My last question to you is Buddism compaible with Market Economy, which's purely driven by competitive market forces? It's the key to thriving and propersous economy. Thank you very much for your time and patient. May you and those in your faimly be blessed with peace, joy, and longevity.

#16 usr25160

usr25160
  • Members
  • 49 โพสต์

โพสต์เมื่อ 21 August 2008 - 06:01 PM

Khun homer 324 (#7), what do you mean by "the god is inside yours?" I thought Buddha was pretty revolutionary in his days, by breaking free from Hinduism's many gods, and focusing exclusively on earthly matters. Buddha said "if searching for God brings about unhappiness, just don't do it, therefore, no more unhappiness," which is pretty straight forward. Buddha also added "the fact whether God exists or not, does not make one to become any happier." So, is there a God, and if yes, who is He? Is He the same eternal One who created the universe, along with everything in it? I think that's the deepest meaning of life that Buddha did his best to avoid thinking about. Thank you for your time and patience.

#17 สัมมาอะระหัง

สัมมาอะระหัง
  • Members
  • 235 โพสต์

โพสต์เมื่อ 21 August 2008 - 06:05 PM

Once upon a time, there was a sick man injured with several poisonous arrows on his back. He went to many physicians and asked for the therapy. As soon as the doctor completely diagnosed his symptom, he suggest him to STOP worrying, STOP wandering, and STOP hypocrisy for the swift and better operation to do on his wound injury. However the sick man ask the doctor that " You have to answer me before taking any operation. The questions are as follows:
"Who fires me?"
"What are the composition of the poison ?"
"What are the arrow made up of?"
etc.
Eventaually, the doctor get tired for his stopless questions on the same topic deeply buried in the sick man' s mind. So the doctor can't cure him.

The sick man is still wandering for the answer from a doctor to another; who fires him? And then this sick man comes to this white board. Who dares to be the next physician to cure him??

#18 homer324

homer324
  • Members
  • 522 โพสต์

โพสต์เมื่อ 21 August 2008 - 09:46 PM

and your wandering (again and again..) was..
Khun homer 324 (#7), what do you mean by "the god is inside yours?"

the god what I meant would be someone who you could fully trust on. Someone who give you clearly solutions for every questions. Someone who truely love you as if he could die for.

you might say this would be insane, but if you do STOP everyday, let's says 7 days continuely and by correct steps. I darely ask you turn back to what you wrote today, what you thought today, what you discussed today, I strongly garantee that you might puzzle of what you did so far. Some part of your memories was being found ridiculous or funny, I think.

Last words for my remoted friend, "do not judge whether right or wrong just because of being told by the wises, do not trust histories just because of it used to work at that time, and do not say something impossible just because of it's really impossible!!--STOP of everything and turn maditate on, keep your mind still, take a deep breathe, relax and make yourself comfortably, just one thing to think of..is think of nothing..

do easy to get hardship.. happy.gif

do smile to get friendship.. nerd_smile.gif

do respect to get being respectiveness.. dry.gif

do STOP to get NOTHING..(ความโล่ง ความว่างเปล่านั่นเอง)..
dont_tell_anyone_smile.gif

by the way,thanks for your wonderful comment on it..

ไฟล์แนบ

• แนบไฟล์  drop.jpg   23.2K   6 ดาวน์โหลด

#19 รักวัด

รักวัด
  • Members
  • 58 โพสต์

โพสต์เมื่อ 21 August 2008 - 09:55 PM

The Lord Buddha once said,

“Believe nothing just because a wise person said it.
Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held.
Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books.
Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin.
Believe nothing just because someone else believes it.
Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true"

From what being said, you can test it by practicing meditation, and then you can judge what is right or wrong without any puzzles in your mind anymore. All questions can be answered by yourself only if you meditate.

#20 usr25160

usr25160
  • Members
  • 49 โพสต์

โพสต์เมื่อ 22 August 2008 - 03:39 AM

Khun homer324 (#19), you can't be serious about "someone you could fully trust," "truly loves you and could die for (you)!" I thought Buddism is a godless religion, which attracted me to it in the first place. If what you said is true, this is wild beyond any of my imaginations. I knew a gentleman who, use to be one of the early pioneers of this prestigious meditating community, who got so deep inside his own conscience while mediating, and "God" spoke to him repeatedly. He is now a devoted Christian. I find his story fascinating, none the less. If it's true, there must be a spiritual bridge connecting Buddhism and Christianity together. It's possible that Buddha, knowing or unknowingly, left us with a magical, as well as, spiritual key, capable of unlocking the deepest secret of the universe, of whether there is "God," and how to get and know Him if He exists at all. Thank you very much for sharing your highly uplifing experience with me. May peace, wisdom, and joy be with you, always.

#21 usr25160

usr25160
  • Members
  • 49 โพสต์

โพสต์เมื่อ 22 August 2008 - 03:50 AM

Khun Rug Wat #20, thank you very much for your words of wisdom and guidance, I will work on it. And thank you again for your brilliant analysis of who Thaksin was. I try to keep to an open mind regarding the whole thing. If you can advise him today, what kind of advice will you give to him? I believe he holds the key to getting all of us out of the current crisis.

#22 รักวัด

รักวัด
  • Members
  • 58 โพสต์

โพสต์เมื่อ 22 August 2008 - 08:08 AM

As I once stated, "Politics is not something to discuss in the Dhamma website", therefore, I would rather discuss only the issue pertaining to Dhamma only.

#23 usr25160

usr25160
  • Members
  • 49 โพสต์

โพสต์เมื่อ 22 August 2008 - 08:30 AM

Khun Rug Wat #23, with an enormous amount of knowledge and wisdom you already possess, it would be a shame not to use it toward something good and holy.

#24 homer324

homer324
  • Members
  • 522 โพสต์

โพสต์เมื่อ 22 August 2008 - 02:45 PM

you can't be serious about "someone you could fully trust," "truly loves you and could die for (you)!

why not? my freind. Apparently, our parents play that roles to us. It must be serious on this issue if you really to explore the truth. The truth must be from inside, not from outside.

I thought Buddism is a godless religion, which attracted me to it in the first place.

you're absolutely correct. There're no others God in Buddism, except the Loard of Buddha. For the sake of Buddist, I would name my Loard as the "God", wouldn't I? Beyond that I also realize my Loard or my "God" he truly love me and he could die for me (in the sense of merits accumulation). Surely, if your beloved one could die for you, how you react?and how you treat him? Of course, I would fully trust on him by reluctanceless, wouldn't I?

If what you said is true, this is wild beyond any of my imaginations.

true of false, you'd better experience by yourself, I encourage. The truth obout life and Law of Kamma are not beyond your knowledge to search on. Do not THINK impossible if that beyound your imaginations (but not far over the truth!!).

there must be a spiritual bridge connecting Buddhism and Christianity together. It's possible that Buddha, knowing or unknowingly, left us with a magical, as well as, spiritual key, capable of unlocking the deepest secret of the universe.

that's possibbly!! my friend. The spiritual bridge you mentioned is not far over the truth. I wish you'll find one day that every religions are one family group. There's no racisms, no distinguishes, no more borders between us.

Honestly speaking, I also start to learn about the truth of life and Law of Kamma not more than 1 years. The more searching whether why we born to?, where will we go after die?, is the next life exists? and many questions in my head..the more knowing that I have little knowledge about life, about how we conduct our life, about how we lead our life..

Luckily, I have on-line friends on DMC web site. I normally visit on this web-board to see the things going on, to see my friend discussed about life-cycle, about Law of Kamma, itc..
I finally found that I have lot of good friends, and we have many issues to talk each other.

it's good on you that you always keep in touch with good friends (กัลยาณมิตร). Good friends would normally lift you up from those defilements, bring you free from those worries and puzzlings. They wouldn't fool you around, instead, insist you do merits all the time.

ไฟล์แนบ

#25 usr25160

usr25160
  • Members
  • 49 โพสต์

โพสต์เมื่อ 22 August 2008 - 03:54 PM

Khun homer324, (#25), well, after reading your most fascinating spiritual manifestation, my jaw dropped all the way to the floor, that I had to bend down and picked it up and put it back where it belonged. It's really amazing how you tie everything up together quite nicely. However, as I recall, Buddha was born of royalty as a Hindu prince, named Prince Sittata, married, and had a son. One day, he just walked away from it all, you know, royalty, great wealth, and family, compelled by his thirst of searching for knowledge to unlock the secreat of life, of why people were born, aged, sicked, and died. What he discovered has been passed on to us all, centuries, after centuries. He finally died of old age, passed into what he hoped to be the the final state of nonexistence, called "Par Ri Ni Parn." Buddha compared it as a bonfire using up its fuel, and finally died down to become ashes. Buddha's body was cremated by his close followers. If Buddha achieved his ultimate goal of being in "Par Ri Ni Parn," he no longer existed in any forms. So, in my humble opinion, he is no longer around, or to be called a "Living God." But of course, he could pass into another world, something we named it "Life after Death," being as holy as he was. That raises another question, whether he can occassionally cross back to our world of the living to interact with us. And who is in charge of this world as well as the next one? However, there was another person named "Jesus of Nazareth" who was born as a Jew about 2,000 years ago, lived, taught, claimed to be "the Son of God," and was executed by the Roman Empire because of it. The rumour had it that he came back to life after the third day, to remain with His disciples for 40 days before ascending to heaven. He claimed to be a God in human body, sent down from heaven in order to die for the sins of all mankind. He seems to closely fit your description of "someone you could fully trust, who give clear solutions for every questions, truly love you and could die for you." However, Buddhism and Christianity are totally different theologies fundamentally. The former requires practice, like maditation, while the latter, faith, in Jesus of Nazareth and the Bible. I have recently lose a close friend through old age. Her death really forced me to ask myself the same question of what's life is all about. I believe it's the same question that compelled Prince Sittata to leave everything behind in pursuit of its answers. I am in the late 40s now and can very well imagine myself lying down on my dead bed within a decade or two, waiting for the same inevitability. Well, it looks like you and I are in the same boat now, and would greatly appreciate you sharing what ever you discover in the future. My e-mail address is [email protected]. Thank you very much, and may your God be with you, always.