Press Conference of the Morning Alms Round at Terminal 21 Shopping Mall
The Morning Alms Offering to 2,000,000 Monks in 77 provinces from all temples nationwideCommittee of Department of Religious Affairs, the National Office of Buddhism, and Terminal 21 Shopping Mall unveil in the press conference of the Morning Alms Round to 12,600 Monks. The Robot “Chongko” will be present in this activity too.
Mr. Sansak Charoon Ngampichet, Chairman of the Committee of Religion, Art, and Culture of the House of Representatives, informed that the Prime Minister’s Office; Committee of Religion, Art, and Culture of the House of Representatives; Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA), the National Office of Buddhism, the Royal Thai Police, Wattana District Office, Council of Cultural Affairs of Wattana District, the World Fellowship of Buddhist Youth (WFBY), Single Mind Federation, and Terminal 21 Shopping Mall as well as the governmental and private sectors come together to arrange the press conference of the Morning Alms Round to 12,600 Monks on Wednesday June 27th, 2012 at 10:30 a.m. at the Activity Court, M Floor, Terminal 21 Shopping Mall, on the center of Sukhumvit Road. The informers are:
1. Mr. Sansak Charoon Ngampichet, Chairman of the Committee of Religion, Art, and Culture of the House of Representatives
2. Mrs. Thaya Theepsuwan, BMA Deputy Governor
3. Dr. Amnaj Buasiri, Deputy Director General of the National Office of Buddhism
4. Mr. Prasert Sriuranpong, Executive Director of Terminal 21 Shopping Mall
5. Dr. Pornchai Pinyapong, WFBY President
6. Air Chief Marshal Weerawut Lawapaoraya, the President of Single Mind Federation
7. The Assistant Professor Dr. Chuwong Phongcharoenpanich, Deputy Dean of the Faculty of Engineering, KMITL
8. Mrs. Chatparitta Dhammawatcharaphan, the President of Council of Cultural Affairs of Wattana District
The staff invite the designers and developers of Robot “Chongko” and “Kaesad” from the Faculty of Engineering, KMITL, to participate in this press conference. Moreover, Robot “Chongko” will be present in the Morning Alms Round on Wednesday July 7th, 2012 as well.
This activity will be arranged to worship the Lord Buddha and to celebrate the 2,600th Anniversary of the Enlightenment Day of the Lord Buddha, to keep the Buddhism, to strengthen and keep Buddhist Cultures, and to collect rice and dried food from this activity to help the monks in 286 temples, teachers, soldiers, police, and people in four unrest Southern provinces as well as top help the disaster victims all around the country.
This Morning Alms Round is a part of the Project of the Morning Alms Offering to 2,000,000 Monks from all temples in 77 provinces. This project has been arranged since 2008 by the cooperation of monks, Buddhist organizations, governmental and private sectors. The Morning Alms Round has been done for over 460 total times.
Translated by Chadawee Chaipooripat
ธรรมยาตรา กตัญญูบูชา มหาปูชนียาจารย์ พระผู้ปราบมาร อนุสรณ์สถาน 7 แห่ง