Case studyWords From The Son To His Alcoholic FatherDear Venerable Luang Phaw,My name is Daneal Prelet. I am 11 years old. I am German. My father was German, and my mom is Thai. I was born in Munich, Germany. In August, 2004, I got a chance to ordain as a novice at Wat Buddha Augsburg because the Bhikkhu who is my master told me that if I ordained the merits might remedy my mom’s kidney cancer. During the ordination my master taught Dhamma and let me see the pictures of hell and Heaven from Dream in Dream Kindergarten School. Since then I have known Luang Puu Wat Paknam, Khun Yai and Luang Phaw. I like to pray together with my friends because of its melodious sound. I like to meditate together with my friends at the cemetery. I intend to ordain again this year, which is 2005. When I grow up, I intend to ordain for the rest of my life.My mom installed the DMC Dow Dhamma Satellite after my ordination, so that I could enjoy the Dream in Dream Kindergarten Program after I come home from school. I love the song “Did You Know You Even Died?” very much. I love to lie down in the supine position as in the cartoon when the song says, “Afraid you have to die, not afraid you have to die.” I can understand the case study programs because my mother translates them for me, especially about the harm of alcohol. I’d like to ask for Luang Phaw’s mercy to dream for me as follows:My dad was an alcoholic and he smoked heavily.Before he married my mom, he drove a car while he was drunk and collided with an old couple that caused the elderly husband to die at the scene of the accident. My grandma had to spend a lot of money to care for my dad in the hospital and my dad was in a coma. When he left the hospital he was fined to pay a lot of money for the relatives of the litigants. My grandma tried to request that my dad give up drinking but he could not.Since my dad married my mom and gave birth to me, I have seen him drinking and smoking very heavily every day. The first thing that he did after coming back from his office was not embrace his children like other dads, but instead he drank 6-8 bottles of beer. He was not concerned about anybody. While he was drinking, he would be very furious if my sister and I came out running around. We had to hide and play in a room. When he was at home, I would have liked him to hold me, play with me, go out together for a walk with me and buy ice cream like other children. I would have liked to stay near him and talk with him. I think that is the pleading of every child of every nation and language who has a habitually drunk and smoke filled dad.Although, he was at home I never felt encouraged by my dad. For his life, he was closer to alcohol than to his children, I dared not stay near him. Finally he was chronically intoxicated; he was easily irritated and became unhinged; if he did not drink; he became even crueler. He also got cancer of the voice box (Larynx), he was cured by an operation. The doctor warned him to absolutely stop drinking and stop smoking, but he could not stop; it was in his blood. Though he rested in the hospital for the operation, he escaped for beer in the car that was parked at the hospital.My mom taught me that alcohol and beer are bad and they lead to harm. I hate it very much. And I also hate the cruel producers too, because they have caused my family to live in suffering. Although my farther never caused us bodily injury, he hurt our minds.My mom was so serious, and she could not bare him anymore; so she filed for divorce. My dad had to move out according to the court judgment. A few days later, he committed suicide by shooting himself through his heart. Although I was not bound to him, I still want to have a dad. I do not want this situation to occur to any children of this world. I do not want alcohol, beer and tobacco to be in this world.
My mom does not drink or smoke. I love her very much because she is so kind. She began to get sick from kidney cancer in January, 2004.She was operated on and left with only one kidney. She has to pay for an injection everyday, but she tells me that if she had health insurance she would make another Lord Buddha Image.On the ordination day, I saw my mom crying from delight since she saw me receive the blessing in the Pali language (the original language of the Lord Buddha that the Bhikkhus chant in). My mom, my sister and I meditate together at 8 pm every day; following our meditation lesson from the DMC Satellite. Now she is having a better recovery.My sister has an allergy to the flower’s stamen; the symptoms are irritation and itchy eyes and nose with tears and a runny nose. I get asthma; I cannot breathe when I get a cold and I have to use a bronchial inhaler.I’d like to ask for Luang Phaw’s mercy to dream for me as follows:1.Where did my dad go after he passed away? What misdeed caused him to commit suicide by shooting himself? Will my mom receive any kammic retribution due my dad committing suicide after the divorce? How can we solve it? Did he receive the merit of my ordination, my mom’s Lord Buddha image casting and the crystal column construction?2.Why did my mom, my sister and I have to be with a dad that preferred alcohol more than his own family?3.What misdeed causes my mom to have kidney cancer? Would the merit of her Lord Buddha Image casting, my ordination and intended meditation help her to recover? What can I do to help her?4.What misdeeds cause my sister allergies and cause me asthma? How can we resolve them?5.Why do I love the novice’s life even though I am German? Will I get success to be ordained for my entire life?6.Did my mom, my sister and I pursue perfections with Dhammakaya Community in the past and if so, how?Luang Phaw's DreamI closed my eyes, dreamed and woke up with these answers.
When you tell anybody the story like a tale, it will make anyone know more about retribution(Law of Kamma)1.Your dad committed suicide by shooting himself because of the misdeed in one past life when he was hopeless and hung himself because of business and family disappointments. This habit followed him to this life; he committed suicide to escape from suffering.
- The moment he passed away, his soul quickly descended to the first level of Major Hell because his mind was clouded. He is committing suicide by shooting, which was the same action he took as a human being. He is heavily suffering from dying again and again. The denizens of hell are pouring hot acid into his mouth and it alternates with him committing suicide by shooting himself.
- Your mom did not intend for your dad to commit suicide, but she got a divorce because of the seriousness of your dad’s behavior. Therefore, it was not sinful to your mom, but it was your dad’s kamma.
- He has not received any merits that you dedicated to him yet because of his heavy retribution; the merits are waiting for him at Purgatory.2.Your mom, your sister and you had to meet a father who preferred alcohol to the family because all of you have remnants of alcoholic kammic retribution, but it has been lessened.3.Your mom contracted kidney cancer because in the past life she was a millionaire with a lot of treasures. She liked to lend money by mortgaging land at exorbitant rates.Once she lent her money to a mortgagor at an exorbitant rate. He could not redeem the debt, and she drove him out of his land but he rejected the act. Then she sent a tough guy to attack him and he became severely injured.
- Your mom contracted kidney cancer because in the past life she was a millionaire with a lot of treasures. She liked to lend money by mortgaging land at exorbitant rates.
- The merit of your mom’s Lord Buddha image casting and your ordination and intended meditation could help your mom to live longer to pursue more perfections and have a chance to meditate until she attains the inner Dhammakaya. You also have to see your inner Dhammakaya to be clearer to help her to become better.4. Your sister gets allergies because of her past misdeeds; she liked to talk to annoy other people.
- You get asthma because in the past life you let animals work too hard for labor; you were a trooper who galloped a horse to become too exhausted.
- Both of you will be able to recover; you should take care of your health through exercise, drinking water, food and rest etc. and also talking nicely.5.You are German but you like to ordain because you were occasionally ordained for continuous lifetimes; so you got used to ordination. Another factor is that you want your mom to be happy, so then you ordained for her.
- You have to keep your intentions. Do not quit this good intention, and your ordination perfections will be increased.6.Your mother and sister were the supporters of Dhammakaya Community; they made merits according to their moods, so that they did not meet our group in some of their previous lifetimes.
- You have pursued perfections with the Dhammakaya Community more than your mom and sister; you were a supporter and a propagator. So that in this life you should intend to pursue perfections more than the past life and make a wish to follow our group to Tusita Heaven in the Special Merits Zone (Vong Boon Pisit, Dusit Buree or the 4th Level of Heaven, in the Boroma Bodhisattva Region)